This is the perfect side dish to spice up your lunch or dinner, in a snap! With the weather heating up, we're all too eager for a cool, savory bite reminiscent of home.
With no further ado... Gather your ingredients (or find some nice substitutes in the fridge) and let's get tossin'! Our recipe uses minimal ingredients, so feel free to make it your own.
Cold Cucumber Salad with Enoki Mushroom
Prep: 10 min
Chill: 15 min
4 small cucumbers or 1 medium cucumber
½ pack of enoki mushroom (usually comes in 5 oz)
4 tbsp Dried Chili Sichuan Dressing
¼ cup roasted peanuts
¼ cup cilantro
- Wash and cut cucumbers into quarters and into 2 inch long sticks.
- Chop the peanuts, cilantro, and scallion and set aside.
- Wash and cut off the base of the enoki mushroom.
- Boil the enoki for 1 minute in high heat.
- Drain the enoki and add to bowl with cucumber.
- Add in Dried Chili Sichuan Dressing and gently toss cucumber and enoki mixture in a bowl.
- Let chill in fridge for at least 15 mins.
- Salt to taste and garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and scallion.
Hot tip #1: Make sure to salt after chilling. If you do it before, the cucumber will release all the water and it will be less crispy.