Picture biting into a Rice Krispie treat that’s nutty, crunchy, savory, sweet, salty, and slightly spicy. We used our Roasted Peanut Dan Dan Sauce to create a killer umami dessert that's so delicious, it's spooky.
Savory & Sweet Peanut Rice Krispie Treats
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
Serves: 10 bars
3 tbsp salted butter
8 oz mini marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Red chili flakes, optional
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and Roasted Peanut Dan Dan Sauce. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal, roasted peanuts, and red chili flakes.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Gently press into the pan.
- Allow to set, about 20-30 min. Cut and enjoy!
Enjoy! We'd love to know how you liked the recipe! Share your creation and tag us @rooted.fare on Instagram or @rootedfare on TikTok for a chance to be featured.
Check out another riff on the classic treat: our sweet and nutty Black Sesame Crunchy Butter in Rice Krispie Treats.