For this holiday season, impress your guests with tender, caramelized Brussels sprouts dressed up in our spicy, sweet, and tangy Dried Chili Sichuan Sauce.
Spicy Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup water to steam
3 tbsp Dried Chili Sichuan Sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp water
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame seeds, optional
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large skillet. Add brussels sprouts cut side down and cook 3-4 minutes undisturbed or golden on the bottom.
- Add water and cover to steam for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove sprouts and set aside. Mix Dried Chili Sichuan Sauce, honey and water, and add it into the skillet. Bring to a simmer for 3-5 min once it’s thicker and syrupy.
- Return brussels sprouts to the pan and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! We'd love to know how you liked the recipe! Share your creation and tag us @rooted.fare on Instagram or @rootedfare on TikTok for a chance to be featured.
Check out another holiday side dish: Super Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Gingery Peanut Sauce