Crispy edges on the outside? Fluffy on the inside? Drizzled in peanut-y, gingery, and garlicky sauce? Count us in! Try our favorite way of eating potatoes with our Roasted Peanut Dan Dan Sauce.
Super Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Gingery Peanut Sauce
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 45 min
1.5 lb small potatoes
1 tbsp salt, for boiling
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Roasted Peanut Dan Dan Sauce
1 tbsp warm water
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onion, optional
Chopped roasted peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water and salt to boil. Cook potatoes for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and let them dry in the colander for 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and use the back of a plate or fork to squish them. Let dry for 5 min (helps make them crispier!).
- Add butter, then olive oil to coat the potatoes. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 min or until golden brown. Don’t flip the potatoes.
- Mix Roasted Peanut Dan Dan with warm water for the dip or drizzle on.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions and chopped roasted peanuts.
Tip: squishing them thinner means crispier potatoes and thicker means flufflier insides!
Enjoy! We'd love to know how you liked the recipe! Share your creation and tag us @rooted.fare on Instagram or @rootedfare on TikTok for a chance to be featured.
Check out another holiday side dish: Spicy Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts