Recipe and post by Trang Nguyen. Follow her on Instagram @flourhour_afterdark.
I love quick, easy and delicious recipes! One bowl and 10 minutes is all you need for a yummy treat to share.
Black Sesame Bundt Cake
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min
200 g granulated sugar (see note)
100 g neutral oil
227 g milk
113 g sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
130 g Black Sesame Crunchy Butter
250 g all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cooking spray or melted butter for brushing the mold
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
227 g cream cheese, softened
113 g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
75-113 g powdered sugar (depending on sweetness preference)
2-4 tbsp milk (depending on your desired consistency)
Note: if you don’t want to add any frosting, increase the amount of sugar to 250 g for the cake if you want a sweeter cake.
- Grease your bundt cake pan really well and preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil, milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, and Black Sesame Crunchy Butter
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt into bowl and whisk until incorporated
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan. Bake for 35-40 min or when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Let cool before you flip over. You can also flash freeze to cool
For the cream cheese frosting:
- In a large bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to beat cream cheese and butter until smooth
- Add vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, powdered sugar and milk and beat until combined
- Frost cream cheese icing onto the cake, decorate with sprinkles and enjoy!