Imagine warm banana bread with a nuttier, earthier twist (literally). This Black Sesame Swirl Banana Bread recipe is easy and delicious -- use some bananas that’ve sat on the counter for one too many days. Pair with coffee for the perfect breakfast or midday treat.
Black Sesame Swirl Banana Bread
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 60 min
1 cup (or one 8 oz jar) Black Sesame Crunchy Butter
3 medium to large ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 ½ cups mashed)
⅓ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup sugar, add more or less to taste
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and butter a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth. Add and stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt, then mix in the beaten egg, sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the flour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add one cup of the banana bread batter with the Black Sesame Crunchy Butter and stir until well combined.
- To make the swirl pattern, spoon the plain batter and the black sesame batter alternately into the prepared loaf pan. Use a knife or chopstick to swirl the batters together 4-5 times.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If the loaf has browned and center is still wet, set up a foil tent and continue baking)
- Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan to cool completely.
Enjoy! We'd love to know how you liked the recipe! Share your creation and tag us @rooted.fare on Instagram or @rootedfare on TikTok for a chance to be featured.