This is first recipe of our fall potluck series 2023. Impress your friends by making this easy recipe for the fluffiest, not-too-sweet black sesame tiramisu with hints of white chocolate, cocoa, and coffee.
Black Sesame Tiramisu (Alcohol-Free)
This is first recipe of our fall potluck series 2023. Impress your friends by making this easy recipe for the fluffiest, not-too-sweet black sesame tiramisu with hints of white chocolate, cocoa, and coffee, using Rooted Fare's Crunchy Black Sesame Butter as a flavor shortcut.
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3-5 tbsp Crunchy Black Sesame Butter, adjust to taste
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 package Lady Fingers
- 1 ½ cups cold espresso or strong coffee
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ -2 tsp black cocoa powder
Black sesame mascarpone cream
White chocolate topping
In a large bowl, whip together heavy cream and sugar until medium peaks. It should be light, fluffy, but easily spreadable while holding its shape.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and Crunchy Black Sesame Butter.
- In another bowl, add all of the mascarpone cheese. Fold in black sesame whipped cream, ⅓ at a time, until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add cold espresso to a shallow bowl. Quickly dip each lady finger in espresso (do not soak), then lay in a single layer on an 8x8 inch pan.
- Smooth half of the black sesame mascarpone cream on top.
- Add another layer of espresso-dipped lady fingers. Smooth remaining black sesame mascarpone cream on top.
- In a food processor, add white chocolate chips. Blend until you get a fine dust. Add black cocoa powder, ½ tsp at a time, until you get the shade of gray you like.
- Sift the white chocolate topping on top of the tiramisu.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. This allows the lady fingers to soak in the flavors and soften, resulting in fluffy tiramisu. Enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe is adapted from Tastes Better from Scratch (https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/easy-tiramisu/)