Sweet & Nutty Black Sesame Rice Krispie Treats
This recipe is a delicious, Asian twist on one of our favorite childhood treats: sweet, chewy Rice Krispies treats! The Black Sesame Crunchy Butter adds a delectable, nutty flavor that will satisfy your inner child and your older and wiser palate.
Black Sesame Rice Krispie Treats
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
Serves: 10 bars
3 tbsp salted butter
8 oz mini marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup Rooted Fare's Black Sesame Crunchy Butter
Roasted black sesame seeds, optional
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and Black Sesame Crunchy Butter. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal and roasted black sesame seeds.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Gently press into the pan.
- Allow to set, about 20-30 min. Cut and enjoy!
Enjoy! We'd love to know how you liked the recipe! Share your creation and tag us @rooted.fare on Instagram or @rootedfare on TikTok for a chance to be featured.
Check out a more adventurous twist on the classic treat: our savory, sweet, and slightly spicy Roasted Peanut Dan Dan Sauce in Rice Krispie Treats.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published